Create quarterly themes to guide your team’s focus
Here’s an example from our practice:
Actions (How; Quarterly Theme)
Q1 – (Jan. – Mar. 2017) Community: Volunteerism, Community Activities, and Image
- Fill all internships; reach out to the schools Life West, Life, Palmer, Palmer Florida, Sherman, Northwestern semi-annually (Trevor).
- Interface within the upper cervical political structure (Jeff).
- Interface provincially, nationally, internationally (Mylène).
- Quarterly Celebration: Italian cooking class (March)
Q2 – (Apr. – Jun. 2017) Communication – Pay it forward
- Communication with current patients;
- Internally via Brican, signage, hand-outs, surveys.
- Externally via letters, phone calls, post-cards, social media, emails.
- Quarterly Celebration: Axe-throwing (June)
Q3 – (Jul. – Sept. 2017) Team Optimization
- Review and re-do optimal personality/strength finders tests with debriefs during weekly meetings, create 2018 Strategic Plan, Myovision scans scheduled for each team member
- Quarterly Celebration: Weekend staycation for 2018 Strategic Planning (Sept)
Q4 – (Oct. – Dec. 2017) Nuts/Bolts
- Metric Assignment review
- Patient Retention, Patient Characteristics
- Review trade of services with other professionals
- Quarterly Celebration: Christmas Party/Dinner Annual Celebration (Dec)
Lastly, there are things that need to be accomplished on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis (some annually). To manage all of these tasks, check-lists are extremely helpful. For premier member levels, our task lists can be viewed in section 5 of my procedures manual online at www.healthychiropractice.com.
Have fun while you build your practice, increase your profits, and enjoy your life!
Dr. Jrff Scholten