My office has our Strategic Plan retreat in September or October of each year. We have tried various ways of doing this, but what currently works well for us is a 24 hour event beginning on a Saturday afternoon. We sequester ourselves in a local hotel with a boardroom and work step by step through the Strategic Plan. We use the opportunity to do some team building and intersperse the hard work with fun activities as well. However you decide to do it, you need to have the time and space to allow for planning, focus, and creativity.
When you make goals, please be sure that they are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-Sensitive). Ideally, they should be assigned to an individual for implementation.
Here are the goals we set for our practice in the past:
Goals (What; Annual)
- Achieve a 10 times ROI in all marketing events this year. Ashley
- Create video patient testimonials system by January. Ashley
- Trevor to have completed 3 public speaking events of 15-30 people by July.
- Actively use a budget in the practice by August. Tammy
- Jeff to complete Part 2 of Level 3 by October.
- Mylène to finish Level I by October NUCCA Conference.
- Mylène to achieve a consistent $1500 per SK Clinic.
- Capacity of 18 regular patients ($2250 if all adjusted)
- Target of 12 regular patients ($1500 if all adjusted)
- OVA $110 (takes into consideration quick checks and non-adjustments)
- Trevor to complete Level 2 by October.
- Rejuvenate website, which is also mobile friendly, by December. Ashley
- Create video stretches by December. Ashley
Have fun while you build your practice, increase your profits, and enjoy your life!
Dr. Jeff Scholten